Welcome to the Susan and Phil Hammer Theatre Center! Our goal is for every person to enjoy an outstanding experience. Please contact the Director of Patron Services, Maria Bones, 408-924-8510, if there is anything we can do to serve you better.
Box Office Hours (408)924-8501
- Weekdays 12-5pm
- 90 minutes prior to performance
Does my child need his/her own ticket?
- ALL patrons, regardless of age, must have a ticket to enter theatre, by order of the Fire Marshal. LAP PASSES for young children are sometimes available for certain performances, but you must purchase either a ticket or a lap pass for your child to enter the theatre. Inquire at Box Office for additional information.
- Although The Hammer Theatre often presents family shows geared toward all ages, we do not recommend live theatre performances for children under the age of 4.
- It is recommended to contact Patron Services if you need further arrangements, or have questions about limited mobility accessibility.
- The Parterre seating section is only accessible by stairs.
- Wheelchair seating is available at time of ticket purchase, in the Orchestra or Balcony.
Can I get my ticket refunded if I don't use it?
- There are no refunds unless a performance is cancelled or rescheduled.
- Exchange policies vary and are set by the presenter of each event.
- No smoking.
- No outside food or drink.
- Silence cell phones.
- The use of any recording device, either audio or video, and the taking of photographs, either with or without flash, is strictly prohibited.
- We welcome Service Animals, no pets please. While Emotional Support Animals or Comfort Animals are often used as a part of a medical treatment plan as therapy animals, they are not considered service animals under the ADA. Thank you for your understanding.
- We strive to begin our performances on time. To avoid disturbing both the actors and other patrons, latecomers will be seated at the discretion of the House Manager.
- You may be asked to wait in the lobby, or other alternate seating.
- Late seating after curtain time could be as late as intermission.
- We encourage all patrons to arrive at the theatre early.
- FIRST AID, AED: If you experience or see a medical emergency, get the attention of the closest usher, who will have access to first aid kits and an Automatic External Defibrillator (AED).
- CONDUCT: We reserve the right to refuse admission or eject any person whose conduct is deemed unbecoming or interferes with the audience’s ability to enjoy the performance in the manner in which it was intended, without a refund on their ticket purchase or exchange to another performance.
- PARCELS, BAGS: Theatre Management reserves the right to require you to open personal bags and knapsacks for inspection as a condition of entry to the theatre. We may require that some items not be allowed into the theatre for security concerns.
- EMERGENCIES: Please become familiar with the exits. In an emergency, listen for instructions. In the case of an earthquake, remain seated, or crouch below seats, then listen for instructions from the Hammer staff.
- We are located at 101 Paseo de San Antonio in downtown San José.
- VTA Light rail stops are located on 1st & 2nd Streets, just a block from the theatre.
- Many parking garages and street parking are nearby. For more information, visit www.parksj.org.
- Coat Check.
- Booster Seats.
- Assisted Listening Devices are available for check-out at the inner box office window.