Here at the Hammer we strive to make our theatre feel like a second home for everyone who comes through our doors. Our stages host local, national, and international artists who perform everything from traditional drama, comedy, or musicals to innovative dance and performance arts, including a wide range of cultural theatre, music and dance. If that sounds like something you would like to be a part of, or if you’d like to volunteer at an exciting and growing arts space, we would love to have you.
Our volunteers have served more than 350 events by welcoming and assisting patrons who visit the Hammer every day. Various tasks that our ushers support us with include helping patrons to their seats, distributing programs, maintaining our coat check counter, and so much more!
If you are interested in finding out more about this opportunity to become a part of our Hammer family, click on the link below and sign up for one of our Orientation days.
Please note: signing up for an orientation session is not a commitment by you or the Hammer that you will be able to serve as an usher at the Hammer Theatre. These sessions are meant to serve as the first step in becoming part of our team.
How to volunteer – Follow the link to the following
- All ushers must be 18 years or older.
- All interested people must attend a mandatory orientation before they can begin ushering. Orientations happen twice a year, normally in Aug/Sept and Jan/Feb.
- Most ushers will be required to be on their feet for extended amounts of time, and/or climb stairs. If seats are available you will be able to watch the show from a seat, but this is not a guarantee.
- Ushers must be able to see moderately well in low light settings.
- A friendly and fun spirit!