Hammer Theatre – Partnerships, Mission, and Vision
- Hammer Theatre: A distinctive, high-quality performance venue in the heart of downtown San José.
- Partnership & Mission: Owned by the city of San José and operated by San José State University, the Hammer serves the city’s diverse communities through artistically and educationally excellent programming expressive of the unique characteristics and cultures of Silicon Valley.
- Vision: The Hammer Theatre is a new performing arts paradigm that serves as a nexus between the broad, innovative, cultural, and educational needs of San José’s diverse community, San José State University and Silicon Valley by offering several performing arts series with local and global talent within an eclectic, state-of-the-art venue.
Programming Goal and Series Brand
- Programming: The Hammer Theatre offers innovative programming that reflects Silicon Valley’s culture of creativity, diversity, and technology so audiences can experience a broad range of live music, theatre, dance, innovative multimedia performances, National Theatre Live screenings, National Geographic Live lectures, and more.
Community Interest and Educational Events
- Hammer Community Events: Performances that appeal to the San José community such as Asian Youth Orchestra, ElevenPlay, and San José Nutcracker
- Hammer + SJSU Partnership: In its partnership with SJSU, the Hammer Theatre also offers workshops, master classes, and other special events that provide an educational component for San José State students
- Workshops & Masterclasses–Grammy award-winning Cuarteto Latinoamericano performs at the Hammer Theatre and also offers a Masterclass for SJSU music students.